E-book "Weekend projects: Stringers in glass fusing. Part III
This is a fourth book in a Series "Weekend Projects..." where I tried to provide day-by-day instructions for five different projects which use one common element: stringers. We often underestimate the power of stringers and do not use them. Meanwhile stringers are an impressive artistic element and this book proofs that.
This book could be useful both for new readers and for readers of the first two books who want to try new techniques and make impressive glass artworks. Those, who already purchased the first book will find not only descriptions of new techniques, but also some useful enhancements of the 3D Chevrons technique. I added a special chapter which answers many questions asked by the fusers in Facebook groups related to glass fusing.
I included two projects in which you will use techniques with chevrons, which I haven't described in the earlier books:
1. A decorative square plate “Molten Ice”. In this chapter you will learn how to make diagonal chevrons – another type of 3D chevrons. This is the easiest project in the book.
2. A decorative round plate “Green Energy”. This chapter covers work with another type of chevrons – radial chevrons.
Three other projects let you understand how to combine various striped triangles in an intricate pattern
3. A decorative square plate “Joyful Way”. In this chapter you will learn how striped squares and corners could be combined in a colorful "ladder".
4. A wall panel “Oriental Rug”. This is a great instruction for making a glass rug with intricate design.
5. A hexagonal plate “Fireworks”. It is the most labor-intensive project. You will combine equilateral triangles in different ways to get one-of-a-kind plate.
There are 87 pages, more than 70 pictures and illustrations.