- Medium-size bowls and plates
- A square decorative fused glass plate A Gentle Color Mix
A square decorative fused glass plate A Gentle Color Mix
This plate is the member of the collection "A Gentle Color Mix". All plates in this collection share the same pattern and decorative elements, but each have a unique colorful design.
The plate combines all the colors in the collection: reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues and purples. The plate edges are well cold worked and make a special feeling of high quality.
Unfortunately pictures cannot show how glass is sparkling and blinking internally; that is achieved by use of a special glass and the bottom surface shape. When you move the plate in a light room you have a feeling of having a golden plate in your hands.
Actual colors and patterns may differ slightly from the shown, but the color set remains the same
The plate is food safe, but we do not recommend using a microwave or dishwasher due to the handmade nature of glass.
Dimensions: 10 x 10 inches
Let me tell you about the work:
- I spent several days designing a pattern and color combination. You like those colors? This is because they were carefully selected.
- This is a special relatively expensive fusible glass. It's not possible to take a window glass or break bottles and fuse them. The fusible glass must be compatible and should not create internal tension inside the artwork. Otherwise it breaks. So you have to pay for this special glass produced in the USA.
- Glass fusing requires much electrical power. This plate was fired in a large kiln for 2 times. Each firing required about 20 hours. You may only guess how much it costs.
- Do you like strait, professionally looking edges? Many artists ignore cold working of edges and leave their organic shape. I made grinding and polishing of edges.
- Quality. Yes, I do my works with a highest quality and hope that it was one of the reasons, why you clicked on this artwork.