A rectangular plate "Bubbled Mondrian"
This original plate has a very unique design. It's inspired by the works of the Dutch artist Piet Mondrian, but unlike many other works in this technique, this one has some design elements which could be implemented only in glass. I mean internally arranged bubbles, micro "stained glass" components and a mix of opalescent and transparent pieces. That adds charm and impression of something lightweight. In addition, traditional black lines are replaced by white ones, which made colors less contrast.
The plate is food safe, but we do not recommend using a microwave or dishwasher due to the handmade nature of glass.
Dimensions: 12 x 7 inches
A little bit more about this work:
- I spent several days designing a pattern and color combination. You like those colors? This is because they were carefully selected.
- This is a special relatively expensive fusible glass produced in the USA.
- Glass fusing requires much electrical power. This plate was fired in a large kiln for 2 times. Each firing required about 20 hours.
- Do you like strait, professionally looking edges? Many artists ignore cold working of edges and leave their organic shape. I made grinding and polishing of edges.
- Quality. Yes, I do my works with a highest quality and hope that it was one of the reasons, why you clicked on this artwork.