"From Scrap to Artworks with a Vitrigraph" - E-book, Sixth Edition
Regardless of the name this book is not only about scrap and not only about vitrigraph. It could be considered as containing two separate books:
- the first one describes making stringers, cane and murrini. Also it explains how to manage colors, get predictable results, and effectively use glass.
- the second one contains detailed instructions for 10 different projects of various complexity from easy to complex, and 6 other projects provided for your inspiration without detailed instructions. All those projects doesn't require a vitrigraph,
So, this book is addressed to two groups of readers: those who want to enhance their vitrigraph skills, and for those, who want to make projects with stringers, rods and murrini available in the market.
There are 4 sections in the book:
- Theory and practice of using vitrigraph: temperatures and hole sizes, color management, choosing pot type and loading it to get desired patterns and to efficiently use glass, speeds for pulling stringers, rods and cane.
- Using stringers in your projects: Detailed instructions for making a "Tartan Basket", "Morning Aurora", "Cross-Stitch in Amethyst", and "Rectangular Illusion" projects including assembling instructions, firing schedules and custom mold description.
- Using murrini, rods and globs: Detailed instructions for making gradients with murrini, motley backgrounds with rods and flowers with globs. Four projects described in detail: "Vitrigraph Fantasy", "The other World", "Motley Heart", and "After rain". Additionally provided detailed instructions for 2 more projects: "Kaleidoscope" and "Mirage" which use extra treated cane.
- Inspirational projects: photos with brief comments for 5 other projects. They provided for feeding your ideas, because they use the same techniques which described in previous sections or doesn't require detailed instructions.
What's new in the Sixth Edition:
- Added a new chapter - Making murrini with arbitrary pattern
- Improvements in the Making twisted cane chapter
- Added one new inspirational project "Smokey Honey"
- Fixed some errors and typos.
145 pages, more than 160 illustrations and photos. All temperatures and dimensions specified in both metric and US systems.
This is not just a book, but a subscription for all subsequent updates. Next edition is planned for the spring 2019.