"From Scrap to Artworks with a Vitrigraph" - E-book, Eighth Edition
When you buy this book you in fact get two books:
- the first book describes the work with vitrigraph for making stringers, cane and murrine. Also, it explains how glass flows, how to manage colors and get predictable results, how to make murrine with a desired pattern.
- the second one contains detailed instructions for 12 different projects of various complexity, and 6 other projects provided for your inspiration without detailed instructions. All those projects do not require a vitrigraph.
So, this book is addressed to two groups of readers: those who want to enhance their vitrigraph skills, and for those, who want to make projects with stringers, cane and murrine available in the market.
There are 4 sections in the book:
- Theory and practice of using vitrigraph: temperatures and hole sizes, color management, choosing the pot and loading it to get desired patterns, speeds for pulling stringers, rods and cane.
- Using stringers in your projects: Detailed instructions for making a "Tartan Basket", "Morning Aurora", "Cross-Stitch in Amethyst", and "Rectangular Illusion" projects including assembling instructions, firing schedules and custom mold description.
- Using murrine, rods and globs: Detailed instructions for making gradients with murrine, motley backgrounds with rods and flowers with globs. Four projects described in detail: "Vitrigraph Fantasy", "The other World", "Motley Heart", "Malachite bowl" and "After rain". Additionally, provided detailed instructions for 3 more projects: "Kaleidoscope", "Mirage" and “Strawberry Fields” which use extra treated cane.
- Inspirational projects: photos with brief comments for 5 other projects. They included for feeding your ideas because they use the techniques described in previous sections.
What's new in the Eighth Edition:
- All chapters were reworked for better clarity and simplicity. There are about 5000 improvements and corrections. For example, the description of the Chevrons projects was updated by more than one third.
- Updated the methods of making murrine
- Added one new project "Strawberry field"
175 pages, more than 170 illustrations and photos. All temperatures and dimensions specified in both metric and US systems.