A rectangular plate "Terracotta Mix"
The surface of this plate is split in several rectangles. Unlike the majority of our works, this one uses moderate pastel colors: beige, terracotta, gray and brown. The result is limited by the artists' fantasy. Each rectangle separated from others by transparent orange lines. The plate edges are well cold worked and look professionally. In general the quality is much better than you can expect from handmade glass.
The plate is food safe, but we do not recommend using a microwave or dishwasher due to the handmade nature of glass.
Dimensions: 12 x 7 inches
Let me tell you about the work:
- I spent several days designing a pattern and color combination. You like those colors? This is because they were carefully selected.
- This is a special relatively expensive fusible glass. It's not possible to take a window glass or break bottles and fuse them. The fusible glass must be compatible and should not create internal tension inside the artwork. Otherwise it breaks. So you have to pay for this special glass produced in the USA.
- Glass fusing requires much electrical power. This plate was fired in a large kiln for 2 times. Each firing required about 20 hours. You may only guess how much it costs.
- Do you like strait, professionally looking edges? Many artists ignore cold working of edges and leave their organic shape. I made grinding and polishing of edges.
- Quality. Yes, I do my works with a highest quality and hope that it was one of the reasons, why you clicked on this artwork.